Nexar-Ready Camera for Beta Users|
Driving is stressful. We are here to change that.
Join the Nexar network and get real time warnings of dangers on the road and instant evidence, all accessible on your phone.
You’ll also get free, unlimited backup to the Nexar cloud, so you can access your event recordings from any device.
Interested in joining the Nexar network and making the road safer for everyone? All you need is the Nexar-compatible camera to get started.
FREE SHIPPING | MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
- INCLUDES a free 32GB SD card
- INCLUDES free cloud storage for incidents clips
- FREE shipping (Usually 3-5 business days)
- One month money back guarantee, no questions asked
- Nexar auto detects dangerous incidents like hard brakes
- Incidents are auto backed up to your account on the Nexar cloud
- incidents are instantly available on your phone and provide instant evidence, in case of any false accusations
- Videos are saved on the Nexar cloud so you can easily download and email incident videos from any device
- Incidents are saved on your phone, and rides are backed up on your HaloCam’s SD card (SD card is provided)
- HD recording at 1080p, 155° wide-angle
- GPS mapping: view rides on a map
- Dual cameras for interior and road recording
- Traffic light prediction and counter
- Up to date and expanded traffic warnings
IN THE BOX
- HaloCam (the only Nexar-compatible camera on the market, only available here)
- High quality 32GB SD card
- Charging cable
- Dual socket power adaptor
- Windshield mount
- Installation kit
Setting up Nexar in your car takes less than 5 minutes:
- Install the camera in your car (see the tutorial videos for iPhone and Android)
- Download the free app on your iPhone or Android
- Pair them together
- Drive safely! Nexar will start automatically every time you drive. You can also use other apps while Nexar works in the background.
- 2.19 megapixel 1/2.9" CMOS sensor (Sony IMX323)
- 1080p Full HD video processor (AllWinner V3)
- FOV 155° (diagonal angle)
- Built-in G-Sensor (MiraMEMS DA380 @ ±16g)
- Full HD 1080p @30fps recording
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5GHz) support
- Included in the box: MicroSD 32GB (approx. 5 hrs @ 1080p), video files overwritten when out of storage space
- The camera requires Class 10 microSDHC cards, up to 128GB is supported
- Cloud storage of events
- Video Coding: H.264
- Video Format: MP4
- Time/ Date Watermark
- Automatic white-balance, variable exposure level
- Automatic Quick Start
- Automatic Power Off
- Operating temperature: -4° to 158° F (-20° to 70° C )
- Any Android or iPhone with operating systems beyond Android 6.0 (Android) or iOS 9 (iPhone)
Processor and RAM
- Processor: AllWinner V3 (you already have it at the top of the list)RAM: 256MB DDR3
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is my phone compatible with Nexar and HaloCam?
We recommend using Nexar with all operating systems beyond Android 6.0 and iOS 9 for iPhone.
Does the camera HaloCam record inside my car?
In order to have instant video evidence after a collision, the cameraHaloCam records outside of your vehicle. The HaloCam can record audio from inside the car. Stay tuned though, we will soon be releasing a dual camera update.
Can this camera work while I use other apps on my phone, like navigation apps?
Yes, the app works in the background.
Does this camera record full rides?
Yes, full rides are saved on the SD card provided. After 4 hours, recordings are replaced with new footage.
Does this camera save full rides to my phone?
No. Full rides are saved on the SD card (up to 4 hours on the SD card provided). Only dangerous incidents, like hard brakes and accidents, are saved on your phone. If something happens on the road, you’ll have footage available immediately on your phone. Those incidents are also auto backed up to your private account on the Nexar cloud.
Will using Nexar and my HaloCam drain my battery?
No! However, we suggest keeping your phone plugged in and charging when using Nexar.
Will using Nexar and my HaloCam eat up my cellular data?
Nope! Using Nexar does use a minimal amount of your data plan to upload 40 second clips of dangerous events (like hard brakes or collisions) that the app detects and records automatically.
Can Nexar and the HaloCam be used at night?
The camera doesn’t have full night vision but it has great quality under low-light conditions.
I live in a really hot/cold climate. Will the HaloCam work?
The HaloCam can function within a temperature range of -4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 C).
How does HaloCam connect with my phone?
The HaloCam connects to your phone using WiFi. The camera emits a WiFi signal that your phone will pick up if it’s in range. Don’t worry -- your cellular network is still available.
Does Nexar automatically turn on when I start driving or do I manually need to to turn it on?
Nexar has an Auto Start and Stop feature, which automatically starts and stops the app when you begin or end your drive.
Does the HaloCam record when my car is parked or my phone is not in my car?
Your HaloCam must be connected to your phone in order to save and upload video clips to your personal account on the Nexar cloud. Additionally, your car must be running for the HaloCam to record.